Content
Store
Forum

Rebirth of Reason
War
People
Archives
Objectivism

Post to this threadMark all messages in this thread as readMark all messages in this thread as unread

Post 0

Monday, August 6 - 4:00amSanction this postReply
Bookmark
Link
Edit

I was recently called a statist for making an off the cuff remark. I believe this person a troll however it made me think about the topic. Let me provide some background and then my thoughts on it.

Over the weekend we enjoyed kayaking down the Thornapple as a family. Beautiful day. We eventually came upon swarms of those who had taken to tubes. Many of them were drunk (by many I mean it was all we could do to paddle around the masses of people who had tied their tubes together with twine.) It wasn’t long before we were constantly hit by the pungent smell of weed. It was constant. Many of these people were stoned and drunk.

I believe if you want to do this - fine. However, many of them had children. In my opinion they moved into an area where they should be charged with neglect.

Comments?

Post 1

Wednesday, August 8 - 6:31amSanction this postReply
Bookmark
Link
Edit

No argument here.

Post 2

Wednesday, August 8 - 8:24amSanction this postReply
Bookmark
Link
Edit

OK - so I'm not floating around in left field (hehe.)

It seems these individuals (who I suspect range in age from 18-25) are likely single, have no children and believe being a Libertarian means one gets to do whatever one feels like.  Down with statism in ALL it's forms - which to me sounds a lot like anarchy and not Libertarianism. I want to naively believe there is a bit more common sense among this group of people.  My mistake!

Post to this thread
User ID Password reminder or create a free account.