RoR Special Groups:
RoR Interest Groups:
RoR Local Clubs:
Importance of Philosophy
Morality Needs No God
Rebirth of ReasonTM is an organization dedicated to the philosophy of
Objectivism, a philosophy devoted to living on earth.
The philosophy was developed by Ayn Rand, a novelist-philosopher in the 20th century.
RoR was founded in 2005 and is headquartered in Santa Clara, CA. You can find more information about RoR by going here.
Rebirth of Reason refers to Ayn Rand's description of the Renaissance.
The Renaissance was specifically the rebirth of reason, the liberation of man's mind, the triumph of rationality over mysticism - a faltering, incomplete, but impassioned triumph that led to the birth of science, of individualism, of freedom. - Ayn RandThe site is created to be a tool for bringing about a new Renaissance. Our purpose is to advance the philosophy of Objectivism.
We also seek to be a microcosm of the world we want to create. The rebirth of reason starts here. If we want to create a better world, we must start with ourselves. If we want a healthier culture, we have to create it here. If we want to promote reason, accomplishment, and happiness, we need only look to ourselves.
You may create a free account by clicking here. An account lets you post on the forums, contribute content of your own, vote in polls (and see the results), read some special topic forums, and many other features available only to members. In addition, logging in allows you to customize your RoR experience.
If you already have an account, you may log in here:
RoR Stats:RoR has 2612 articles archived by 274 different authors.
The RoR Forum has 179,667 posts.
There are 5875 members on RoR.
There are 39 Local clubs and Interest groups.
You can view the article archive by ranking of popularity. Go here.
Messages out of the last 50General Forum
Sight of Superlative Achievement
(19) Stephen Boydstun - 7/04, 9:20am - Quantum Optomechanics with Photonic Crystals Component in l...
(3) Jules Troy - 7/09, 9:51pm - Sad news indeed!
Yaron Brook on Scientology
(3) Mark Hunter - 7/24, 6:40pm - Recently in one of his podcasts Yaron Brook said that ARI ha...
Right Wing Collectivism
(9) Steve Wolfer - 6/28, 9:19am - Tim, there are demons aplenty in modern America. Progressiv...
(10) Michael E. Marotta - 7/11, 5:24pm - I agree that Ayn Rand had very many good things to say about...
(11) Peter Reidy - 7/11, 9:05pm - Did she really speak well of Adlai Stevenson? His reputation...
Porn as Peacemaker
(0) Manfred F. Schieder - 7/27, 4:06am - This is the corrected version of an article I submitted rece...
(1) Manfred F. Schieder - 8/27, 4:30am - Should my article require any additional confirmation - whic...
(0) Tim Scobey - 8/06, 4:00am - I was recently called a statist for making an off the cuff r...
(1) Luke Setzer - 8/08, 6:31am - No argument here.
(2) Tim Scobey - 8/08, 8:24am - OK - so I'm not floating around in left field (hehe.) It see...
(3) Dean Michael Gores - 9/15, 12:34pm - Tim, The threshold for where the line is drawn in whether a ...
(4) Doug Morris - 9/16, 3:44am - It will take a lot of hard work, including both study and an...
(5) Doug Morris - 9/16, 3:47am - I disagree with the statement that the threshold is arbitrar...
Our Greatest Living Tenor: Placido Domingo
(16) Iggy Alexander - 7/24, 8:26pm - Don't Let Your Version of Beauty Deny Greatness in Your Life...
(17) Iggy Alexander - 7/25, 10:49am - Calling Placido Domingo the Greatest Opera Artist of All Tim...
(18) Iggy Alexander - 8/01, 8:03pm - It's been over two weeks and my original post is still pendi...
(19) Mike Erickson - 8/04, 12:08pm - http://www.solopassion.com/tracker
(20) Iggy Alexander - 8/07, 11:45am - Hi James, Late comer to the discussion but finally signed up...
Mind and Representation
(14) Stephen Boydstun - 7/03, 6:00am - This new one looks to be mighty illuminating.Coming this fal...
Monopoly Money's End: Distributed Digital Currencies
(16) Jules Troy - 7/10, 6:33am - Hope everyone sold their bitcoins when it peaked at 20k!
(17) Dean Michael Gores - 9/15, 9:33am - Hi Jules. Distributed Digital Currencies (distridij) Below I...
(18) Jules Troy - 9/15, 7:29pm - I see they are trying to get a Bitcoin ETF approved as well....
(19) Doug Morris - 9/16, 4:03am - Bitcoin arose in a context in which government has been play...
(55) Stephen Boydstun - 9/08, 2:22pm - Ayman al-Zawahiri still at large. (Edited by Stephen Boyds...
Professor’s contract with students: ‘Drop the class immediat...
(0) Vera S. Doerr - 8/27, 7:26am - astonishing that someone can still approach this with humor ...
Dozens at Facebook Unite to Challenge Its 'Intolerant' Liber...
(0) Stephen Boydstun - 9/02, 2:25am - Brian Amerige - Having Explicit Values
(1) Jules Troy - 9/13, 10:40pm - Thank you Stephen! I hope you and everyone at RoR are doing...
(72) Luke Setzer - 7/16, 6:20am - I still dislike Cohen, but he did manage to prank Bernie San...
(73) Merlin Jetton - 7/16, 11:02am - Luke, you need to erase part of what you entered as the URL....
(74) Luke Setzer - 7/17, 5:36am - Fixed, thanks. (Edited by Luke Setzer on 7/17, 7:37am)
Leonard Peikoff and Some Sculpture
(0) Stephen Boydstun - 8/05, 1:37pm - I'm delighted especially to be introduced to PHOENIX. Smili...
(1) Peter Reidy - 8/10, 9:07pm - With the statue placed as it is he's going to be in trouble ...
Ayn Rand Sightings
A Real John Galt
(0) Stephen Boydstun - 7/29, 3:08pm - From Annals of the Parrish by John Galt: “But a thing ...
(1) Merlin Jetton - 7/30, 2:27am - I wondered if Ayn Rand's picking the name John Galt had any ...
(2) Stephen Boydstun - 7/30, 6:25am - .Thanks for the additional link. It does seem unlikely Rand ...
(3) Peter Reidy - 7/30, 7:38am - We can easily read too much into shared name. At most she wo...